REFLECTOR: REGISTRATION NIGHTMARE

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Wed Oct 20 16:27:36 CDT 2004

Ok, I'm within days of flying but have hit a snag getting my
registration.

It has been rejected for lack of a Aircraft Bill of Sale from the
factory.  Problem is ... I am not the original purchaser.  Neither is
the guy I bought it from ... and the guy before that passed away.

They are requiring that I get a complete record of "Bills of sale" from
the factory to the original owner, then the transfer to the second
owner, then the transfer to me.  However, the guy I bought it from did
not get a bill of sale, neither did the guy who bought it from the
factory.

What do I do?  I can't be the only one facing this!

The absolutely will not accept a hand written bill of sale from the guy
I bought it from.

Any thoughts from factory people?

This could jeopardize my entire project.
Tom