REFLECTOR: Fwd: RE: Brake Upgrade

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Oct 14 11:22:26 CDT 2004

Al,
Sounds like maybe you are thinking of using the compound brakes. I
have them and they work great. I do have a heat shield made out of
phenolic between the gear leg and the axal.
I do not feel that the clutch master cylinders we use are the best it
seems to me that the brakes are better and have more than i can apply
with the clutch cylinders.
There is a Rev A to the 323 compound brakes that must be completed.
I have close to 300 Hours on the brakes now and the first hours taxi
tests etc were probably pretty rough. I know the first landing was.
I am sure you know that the 323 brakes are a completely different
brake than the AT or XT etc.
Jack
N55XL