REFLECTOR: Velocity Views - don't renew for 2005

Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com
Thu Oct 14 08:25:10 CDT 2004

Actually, I am very sad to lose this resource.  I look forward to receiving
the news letter.  I count on having these documents to review for issues
and updates.  Yes I know it will all be available on line.  Yes there are
many things you can do with the electronic version.  Yes you can print it
and take it to the shop.  But really, how many will print and file the
version that is on line.  I bet most of us will feel that by having it on
line, we don't have to print it since we can get it any time.  Then when
elbow deep in epoxy or so loaded with dust that you don't dare take the
chance of touching a keyboard, you really would like to review a KPC or a
builder upgrade or a factory hint, you will be kicking yourself for not
printing.  You will swear an oath to be more vigilant in printing the
newsletter.  You will probably even go and print the current one and the
one you needed.  By the time the next one is published, you just don't have
time right then, and the cycle starts again.

I for one will really miss the Views in its current configuration.  The
quality printing that doesn't run when it get wet.  The quality paper that
can take some user abuse.  The formatting and presentation.

So, like so many others, I would like to express my thanks and appreciation
to the dedication and service that Rick has contributed to the Velocity
community.  Your efforts will be missed.

Jerry

                      Chuck Jensen
                      <cjensen at dts9000.        To:       "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
                      com>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  RE: REFLECTOR: Velocity Views - don't renew for 2005
                      reflector-bounces
                      @tvbf.org

                      10/14/2004 08:57
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      Velocity Aircraft
                      Owners and
                      Builders list

I second that.  I looked forward to the VV for its news and views.
Hopefully, the Factory can carry on the tradition.  News letters of this
sort are a massive amount of work and are a tremendous claim on a company's
resources to keep the letter timely, fresh and informative, yet it can also
be a powerful tool to disseminate information and knowledge.  We look
forward to an able replacement from the Factory.

Chuck