REFLECTOR: Fwd: RE: Brake Upgrade

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Oct 13 23:14:31 CDT 2004

Subject: REFLECTOR: Fwd: RE: Brake Upgrade

I got this from Matco in response to a query about upgrading my brakes.

>Mr. Derrick,
>The modification requires you to send your brake calipers to us (the entire
>brake assembly) so that we can modify the caliper housing to accept 1.50
>inch diameter pistons.  There are a few components in the brake that also
>get changed   <<<Snip>>>

Scott;

I just sent mine off for the upgrade.  I discussed with George the use of
the 323 compound; and while they are rated for higher energy absorption,
that rating depends on more heat transfer through the axle to the gear leg -
not the best idea for composite legs.

Did you get the upgrade and are you happy with the results?  (Maybe I should
have asked yesterday)

Al