REFLECTOR: PITCH & ROLL TRIM

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Wed Oct 13 09:51:56 CDT 2004

I like most everything about the Velocity design except for the pitch and roll trim.  So I am finally doing something about it.  I am installing tiny trim servos in the elevator and one aileron and outfitting them with piano hinged trim tabs.  The wires will be run inside the torque tubes.  I am happy to be eliminating that clunky linear activator and the cumbersome fiberglass trim spring on the canard and the string & spring roll trim.

Anyone else ever do this?

BTW - I have forgotten to post the paint designs I promised ... but it's been difficult to get my graphic artist to send me the digitals.  All I have now are large print-outs.  They should be coming soon.