REFLECTOR: Accident/incident report

Lynn Gallup LGallup at mn.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 20:21:10 CDT 2004

Steve,
Thanks for the report. I have a 173 RG and during the first 100 hours or so
I made a couple of really hard landings in connection with making landings
("learning how not to..") in stiff crosswinds. After each of them I was just
positive I had done some damage because the jolt of the landing was so
strong it actually made my butt hurt. I never could find anything broken so
I was just left to marvel at the strength of the landing gear.
Now we have this report of a "hard landing" collapsing the gear - Man!  That
must have been some kind of a HARD landing.
Lynn