REFLECTOR: Advance Turbine Power ne Innodyn

Wayne Lanza wlanza at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 11 06:33:48 CDT 2004

Hi Chuck,
  We have three of the Solar T62 engines and have purchased the manuals
from the
government (the only source for surplus equipment...). In the manuals
it gives fuel
consumption rates of about 1.0 at idle, 1.3 at 90HP and close to 1.8 at
150HP. The
liars at ATP/Inodyne (I am being kind here) are claiming to have
reduced the fuel
burn by pulsing the fuel. They have loosely compared this savings
method to a
pulsed fuel type home heating system. They have also claimed to have
improved
the engine's efficiency by tightening up the tolerances and clearances.
In a single
stage compressor turbine like the T62 the maximum compression ratio is
about 3.5,
think about the improvements needed to increase this ratio. Then
consider that the
compressed air temperature at the 3.5:1 ratio is about 750 degrees F.
When the
ratio is increased the temperature goes up, the metal expands more and
will start
to become plastic. All the while spinning at 62,000 RPM - or more if
you want more
power. So it is kinda obvious that it is not a trivial matter to
increase the amount of
air that is getting to the hot section. Which brings up the next point
- pulsing the fuel?
Let's see here, less fuel and supposedly more air, will give more
BTU's? Maybe on
the planet Regulus Prime or Zeta Reticuli but not on the earth.

  We have run our T62's many times and they are great! They start easy,
are silky
smooth, sound really neat and burn ALL of the gallons per hour!

  ATP/Inodyne is full of crap. I'd like for them to prove me wrong, I
love turbines, but
if they ever actually get even close to their numbers Williams research
will have a
lot of explaining to do after being shown up by a bunch of amateurs in
a garage!

Best Regards,
Wayne Lanza