REFLECTOR: Help -- Franklin -- stuck in SLC

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 10 11:36:30 CDT 2004

I have a Franklin with a priming system.  Even on days with temp. in the mid
80's I use about 2 seconds of prime.  This prime uses the electric fuel pump
and a solenoid valve.  At 70 deg. F I use about 4-5 sec of prime and always
fire up on the second compression.  If you don't have a primer them you can
pump the throttle a couple of times.  The carb has a really stout pump and
will do the prime job.  The bad news is that up-draft carbs can load the
induction system with fuel and create a fire hazard.  Try priming before
major disassembly.

Larry Coen
N136LC
SE/RG-Franklin