REFLECTOR: Elevator torque tube center bearings(Was:FrontVibration 90% resolved)

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Oct 6 22:10:39 CDT 2004

That's exactly the same mod I incorporated.  I recommend it extremely highly; I think it should be the standard design for all Velocities.  I got the bearings from Aircraft Spruce - part #KSP4.  They were about $20 each when I bought them in 2001.  I used an AN4 bolt, but I don't remember now whether it was a -16 or a -17.  I used large washers (washer OD just a bit smaller than the bearing OD) on both sides of both bearings; in the extremely unlikely event of bearing failure, the washer ODs would become a temporary bearing surface.

Keith Hallsten