REFLECTOR: Elevator torque tube center bearings (Was: FrontVibration 90% resolved)

Jeff Clough jclough at gci.net
Tue Oct 5 12:46:54 CDT 2004

Tony Babb wrote:

> I'll be doing my elevators shortly. I've watched the video multiple
> times but can't visualize this design improvement. Are there any
> photos available?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tony
> SEFG
> 62% done, 78% to go.

Even after having my elevators installed I went back and re-worked the
center attachment... as described with the real bearings.....I had
already cut off the center pivot point (I already had my elevators
installed)...so I had to dig out the pivot point 'stump' and replace it.
The real bearing re-design is a marked improvement and I am glad I did
it....it is pictured and described in a past issue of VV...one of the
earliest ones....if you have not cut off your center point pivot DO NOT
DO SO until you decide which way to go......NOTE : I am still not
flying  Jeff Clough