REFLECTOR: Landing Gear for Standard RG

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Oct 1 11:11:15 CDT 2004

The doors as you know are made from cutouts from the fusalage. In other
words they arn't an item the factory ever carrys in stock. You'd have to
buy a fusalage to get a pair of nose gear doors. Probably not an option
anyone would copmtemplate.

 When I had my shy nose gear incident the doors were open when I landed,
the nose gear hung on thegudes fully retracted. They were in pieces, some
missing when I finished the short nose slide down the runway.  I rebuilt
them using the most complete one(only 5 pieces) and the fusalage it self
as a guide.  You may need to do the same if you have to build some doors.