REFLECTOR: Front Vibration

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Fri Oct 1 08:49:04 CDT 2004

Rene'
I have had a similar problem but only at high speed over 190kts
indicated. I know you checked the main gear doors. In my case
although the gear doors looked to be tight on the ground after a
little time the system would allow them to sag ever so slight and a
noise and vibration would appear. I was able to make the noise go
away by just tapping the gear reset button for an instant ( I know
the warning says do not push reset in the gear up position) After
that discovery I checked the main gear cable tension and on the
ground in the gear down position the cables were just a little loose
so an adjustment to tighten the cables fixed the problem. On a recent
flight after about three hours and in decent it did it again so the
cables seem to stretch or other things loosen up a little( pulleys
etc). My noise and vibration did seem to be more from the engine area
not the canard but did not seem to be from the gear doors and I was
surprised at the very little adjustment that fixed it.
Good luck
Jack
N55XL