REFLECTOR: Cabin Air Question

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sat Nov 27 14:37:10 CST 2004

Randy,

I think the real answer is that you close the vents when they spray water at you!  However, some reduction in spray can also be achieved by making use of gravity, by making the air go uphill from the inlet to help separate out the water.  Also by accelerating the air around a bend to "sling" the water out of the airstream.  The ceiling vent channel on the XL takes the air and water in through a little NACA scoop, then separates the water out using both the "bend" and "gravity" modes combined before the air moves forward to the outlets.

Keith Hallsten