REFLECTOR: Odd fuel pressure Problem

Steve steve_beilby at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 26 23:37:23 CST 2004

Jack Sheehan wrote:

> Scott,
> Here is what I understand. The VM-1000 is a really good instrument.
> there have been a lot of installation problems but the readings you
> get from the instrument are correct usually.

I have the VM-1000 in the velocity and had a JPI in the A36.
VM has a great display but I'm not too excited by the rest of the
system. I have seen oil pressure drop to zero if I transmit on one
particular frequency (obviously an RF interferance issue). I don't like
that I have no control over limits and alarms.

JPI on the other hand has great features like programming your own
limits for alarms etc. Stores all the data for download to a PC, this
can then be graphed in MS Excel ..... fantastic! The sensors work as
advertised. But ... the display is physically too small IMO.

If the two companies have merged, hopefully they will combine the best
features of each.

Steve B