REFLECTOR: Radiator Install

Wayne wowens at darientel.net
Tue Nov 23 19:47:39 CST 2004

Hi Alex,
Don't do it this way. The afterbody vortices are similar  to a billboard.
Actually  some retired Lockheed wind tunnel engineers looked and said " Oh
you have the same afterbody problem as the C-130". I had hoped the prop
would suck through enough air for ground cooling.   It wasn't but bilge
blowers from a boat dealer do  an adequate job.  I have to taxi about 1/2
mile from my house to the strip.

I think Lino Moya  is using 2 Griffins and has them inside the cowl.

After I stomp down some other problems  I plan to move the radiator up under
the rear seat ala P51 complete with the flap at the rear on a linear
actuator.  Mine is an old top loader with a bench rear seat so I have about
7 or 8 inches  I can tuck the radiator up nearly flush with the fuselage and
perpendicular to the airflow.

Wayne