REFLECTOR: Carburated Auto engine

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 23 09:19:33 CST 2004

I had the same options when I designed my V-6 powerplant.  There are  plenty
of computer programs (specially for the LT1) that tuning and monitoring  the
EFI system are relatively easy. My sole concern of the EFI system is the  main
processor.

 Most modern ECM's do have a "limp home mode".... that many don't  completely
understand. The "limp home mode" only works if the system has
malfunctions/failures in the sensors.  IT DOES NOT HAVE A BACKUP IF THE ECM  ITSELF FAILS!!
Since I have had 3 seperate computer failures, on 3 different types of
automobiles, all without warning. That was unacceptable.

There is no doubt that a computerized EFI would be the most efficient. It
was just my choice not to trust the processor.

By far, the least efficient would be the carb.  But; they are the  good ole
technology.

I chose the multi port Airflow Performance system for my own application,
but I believe the Ellison Throttle body is a good choice too.

All the best,    Kurt