REFLECTOR: Speed brake usage question

Tstockmn at aol.com Tstockmn at aol.com
Tue Nov 16 19:48:23 CST 2004

Don't ask how I know, but I can attest that on more than one occasion you can take off with the speed brake down, climb out in excess of 500 fpm with passengers and then level out and accelerate to more than 140 kts.   The buffeting is exciting--which is the main clue that something is wrong assuming you are too blind to notice the bright red light two feet in front of your face and the apparent poor aircraft performance.   Both times, the the speed brake was fine with no apparent damage.