REFLECTOR: Gearbox alignment

Alex Balic alex157 at direcway.com
Tue Nov 16 00:38:59 CST 2004

Wayne,

You might be able to find some company with a coordinate measuring machine
and have them check the distance to the holes- the eccentric bushings sound
like a good idea too- you can have the Bridgeport guy bore the existing
holes in the casting for them, if you have enough room around the lip to
enlarge the holes a bit, but I would guess that you do.  As for the plans
from Don Parham- he sure does know his Subaru's so I would bet they are
correct- you might also be able to get the dims from Subaru, just don't tell
them what it is for- they keep all kinds of files like that though.- might
you be able to match drill the case and engine together and re-tap at a
slightly larger (or fractional) size?  Just some thoughts.....

Alex