REFLECTOR: Bleeding brakes

Jim Sower canarder at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 10 23:18:23 CST 2004

My bleeder nipple is on the bottom of the caliper so I have to bleed by
back flushing the system.  Tried lots and LOTS of stuff (notably oil
squirt cans) but I couldn't get the bubbles out of the high point loop.
The one day in the Lowe's garden shop I found a plant food / weed killer
spray applicator - a 1.5 gallon jug, with a pump to pressurize it and a
hose with shutoff valve.  Adapted the hose down to fit the bleeder
nipple and let 'er rip (with a friend pulling excess fluid out of the
brake reservoir with a turkey baster) and bled it out better than it's
ever been.
All for under ten bucks ... Jim S.