REFLECTOR: Prop performance

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Mon Nov 8 12:58:01 CST 2004

I think he's referring to Paul Calhoun's XLRG, which has a 260 hp IO-540.  That prop has an 80-inch pitch.  Dave Dent's Catto was made with a 76-inch pitch, so it did better than the MT on takeoff and climb, but was limited on the top end.  I think Craig is going to build him another prop with a bit more pitch.  I may use his original prop on my XL FG, where the lower top speed will be compatible.
Keith Hallsten