REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH SYSTEM

AnnSam annsam1 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 8 18:15:03 CST 2004

Thanks. That makes my life easier. Mom

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Pat Shea
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 5:41 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH SYSTEM

John,

 I was using a "runaway" pitch trim situation (say
from a electrical short) to the full nose down trim
position as the reasoning behind trimming the ? spring
a bit. I simulated that scenario (by running the trim
to the full nose down position). More back force was
required than I was comfortable having to land with.
However, it sounds like folks are running out of trim
even w/ an unmodified ? spring. Like everything else,
it's all about trade offs. On the other hand, I've
never heard of a Velocity encountering a runaway trim.
 If the trim can't handle all scenarios, I'll set it
up so that it can handle most cruise/high cruise
configurations and just live w/ the additional forces
needed during TO and landing since you're stick flying
then anyway.

Pat