REFLECTOR: MY LAST QUESTION ON PITCH TRIM!!!

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Nov 8 08:58:05 CST 2004

When at cruise, by myself,  I need close to 100% nose down if not a bit
more.  Once when I had to make a long trip by myself and my autopilot was
down, I put a bunch of weight in the front so I had enough trim for hands
of flight.  Ity can be very tiring pushing forward on the stick for hours
at a time.

When landing you of course need nose up trim, I've never run out. Well,
actually I have a couple of heavy weight friends, 225+ lbs, and when below
100 knots I run out of nose up trim.. But I'm hand flying in the pattern or
on departure at the time anyway so its no big deal..

Scott