REFLECTOR: Speed brake usage question

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Mon Nov 8 08:44:14 CST 2004

Dave,

I've already done the test for you.  One time at 160 IAS I hit a good
bump that bumped my head on the ceiling.  My shin bumped several toggle
switches located at the bottom of the panel (not the best place for the
switches), including the speed brake switch.  At first I couldn't figure
out why I lost 25kn of airspeed until I saw a few indicator lights on.
The brake still works fine with no damage.

John
SGRE