REFLECTOR: Speed brake usage question

David Scharfenberg dave at winco.net
Sun Nov 7 23:04:47 CST 2004

The maximum airspeed for speed brake extension is 110, which is less than
the gear speed.  On other planes I fly, the speed brakes can be deployed at
any speed.  This helps on a quick decent and helps bleed off speed for gear
extension.  I have been wondering if the airspeed for partial speed brake
extension would be more than the current 110 limit.  This would make the
speed brake more useful.  Of course I know who sets the actual limit on my
plane, but  don't really want damage it doing the airspeed tests.

Dave Scharfenberg
std/RG