REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH SYSTEM

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Sun Nov 7 20:24:51 CST 2004

I heard from Alex.  He said Dave's unit was different.

Here is Alex's response:

"The major difference between your unit and Dave's` is his unit does not
have a slot on the bottom instead there are just 2 holes to allow
assembly of the shuttle.
I am rigging up a full size mock up of the keel to test your
configuration and be able to measure forces acting on the unit as well
as its geometry.  The rod end at the motor mount was to allow for the
arc the stick makes when pushing or pulling. Perhaps I did not allow for
the angular movement of the rod end by putting spacers on each side of
the rod end ball."

I believe not having the slot on the bottom, made the assembly stronger,
which helped resist the tendency of the slot to "bow" (which is what
happened to mine, causing the shuttle to pop out).