REFLECTOR: High-temp foam insulation

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Nov 7 08:05:34 CST 2004

Jim,
I was talking about pre-cast insulation for the oil cooler line, not for
blocking the duct.  I think the duct needs to be blocked with fire sleeve
and stainless steel, with the little cracks sealed up with fire-rated caulk.
I really don't think foam would be effective in keeping fire out of the
ducts, as you point out.  That's assuming you could even obtain some
high-temp foam-in-place, which is unlikely, based on my limited research.
Keith