REFLECTOR: Interesting Gotcha this morning

Christopher Martin christophercmartin at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 7 07:49:30 CST 2004

Yes, that is why I want the weep hole. In my case, the water accumulated
inside the duct and found a path into the PVC foam, between the inside and
outside skin of the fuselage. The entry point was where my antenna cables,
which were running on the surface of the inside of the duct, were cut into
the skin of the fuselage. The cables come out of a slot in the duct and
enter a slot cut in the floor of the fuselage. THe cable is pressed into
the slot. Then micro is filled in on top and two layers of BID are placed
over the top. Apparently water had been able to migrate into the skin at
the entry point of the cable which was inside the duct. It ended up
puddeling inside the skin at the very lowest point of the fuselage where
the imbeded antenna cable terminated. So, a 1/8th inch weep hole is now
drilled in at that location on the very bottom of the plane.

Christopher Martin
christophercmartin at earthlink.net