REFLECTOR: High-temp foam insulation

KeithHallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sat Nov 6 08:58:05 CST 2004

Of course the problem would be finding a practical source for a small
quantity of foam-in-place polyisocyanurate.  I found a few companies that
will machine whatever shapes you may want from such foam block, but no
source for making your own!

One thing I did notice is that the Elliot Company in Indianapolis makes
polyisocyanurate pipe insulation with a continuous operating temperature of
up to 300 degrees F.  (see http://www.elliottfoam.com/pipe.html )  I've been
looking for some appropriate insulation for the line to the nose oil cooler
so that I can run it up the keel (fixed-gear, so there's room) without
cooking everything in the cabin on hot summer days.  This looks like it
might do it.  Has anyone run across anything better?

Keith Hallsten