REFLECTOR: roll-trim system

Don19dw at aol.com Don19dw at aol.com
Fri Nov 5 19:06:32 CST 2004

Shortly after flying off my restrictions on my plane in 1998, I removed the
roll trim system as never needed or used it. Any roll trim required is handled
by my Navaid Auto Pilot.
Do any of you Velocity pilots with an installed auto pilot ever use your
roll-trim?
First make sure your plane flies straight with neutral ailerons. My bank
indicator was originally installed in the panel not perfectly level so with ball
centered, plane was flying in a slight crab causing uneven fuel tank flows.
Adjusting left rudder out 1/4" at aft edge and rotating bank indicator to level
solved the problem.
Don White  N19DW  XL/RG