REFLECTOR: STRONG PITCH TRIM SYSTEM

Ronnie Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Nov 5 12:25:51 CST 2004

I wouldn't throw the roll trim system out.  It does work, especially with
the extra wrap and the belt dressing and perhaps a bit of adjusting on the
string length to get the spring tension right.

I do occasionally use it - especially if I have a passenger or not.  I have
never noticed a slip that requires retrimming after a turn. Not in cruise
anyway.  Maybe after an aggressive aileron movement on final or take off.
But trimming is kinda automatic, you just do it and no big deal.

As Scott Baker says, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  On the other hand, a
little bit of adjusting and tweaking goes a long way.  It is a simple, low
cost system that does an acceptable job.

But ain't home builts and experimenting fun!!!  When you build your own, you
get to keep it as basic and simple as you want, or you can build your
ultimate dream machine loaded to the gills (hopefully, you get a bigger
motor to get it off the ground!!!!)

HAVING FUN FOLKS!!!!
Ronnie Brown