REFLECTOR: Pressurized Tanks

Lawrence Epstein,MD ljepstein at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 06:45:56 CST 2004

Does "pressurizing" the tank change the environment of the tank so as to
make it a more or less (or no change) explosive environment?

I do know that there is a difference between av-gas & Jet-A/Diesel.  I
believe that with AV-gas the intent is to maintain a high fuel-vapor
content in the tank.  My hope has been to use a Diesel and with diesel
tanks you need to pressurize the tanks as described in order to keep the
vapor content low.

Larry Epstein