REFLECTOR: PITCH & ROLL TRIM

Dave Nelson davenali at charter.net
Mon Nov 1 19:46:18 CST 2004

I do have some pictures and I'd be happy to send them, but, I'm not sure how useful they'll be... it's hard taking a picture in the center section counsole...  In any case, I've attached a drawing I made.

For access under the stick I used the existing hole and tolerated the scrapped knuckles - it's not too bad.  For access in the rear, where the actuator mounts, I cut a square out of the center section counsole, about 3-4 inches wide, and extending down the sides of the counsole about an inch on each side.  I then covered the counsole with duct tape, put the cut out section back in, and covered it with three layers of bid, overlapping the cut line, to create a removeable / replaceable cover.   Once cured and removed, I cleaned up the edges.  I've got my center section counsole covered in leather, and this removeable door fits underneath with no noticeable buldge.  Works very well for me!

Anyway, take a look at the drawing and let me know what questions you have.  The system took a few weekends to install in my flying Velocity STD-RG - and it's well worth it!

Dave