REFLECTOR:Round Tire

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 08:39:47 -0400

Scott,

Are you sure it was out-of-round?  Or was it out of balance?  Nose wheels
being out of balance is real common but out-of-round in kind of unusual,
isn't it?  So, how did you test it for roundness?

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 6:57 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org; reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Round Tire

I mounted a new nose wheel tire I bought from the factory a while back.

Its not round?  I have never had any vibration from my nose gear.  I flew
to Vegas yesterday and when I landed I noticed a vibration as soon as my
nose wheel touched down.  After getting to parking I looked the nose gear
over real well, Nothing loose. Shimmy damper washers tight.  I lifted the
gear off teh ground and spun it and what do you know, brand new tire and
its out of round?

Anybody seen this before?

Scott B.  Can I call Natalie and have her send me a new one?  I'll gladly
return the oval one..

Scott

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin