REFLECTOR:First flight N14B

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 24 May 2004 00:41:01 EDT

--part1_11.2a2ddb6c.2de2d6dd_boundary

My Standard RG Velocity made its first flight yesterday with test pilot Steve
Murphree at the controls.  The flight was great and Steve reports that the
airplane flies hands off.  My "experimental" downdraft cooling system with the
NACA ducts in the top cowl worked well.  It was a cool day in Tucson with a
high of only 90 and the temperatures were in the normal range for a new engine.
It only took me eleven years to complete.

The low fuel light in the sump tank was flashing once in a while.  This was
discussed on the reflector before but I can't recall what the cause was.

Mel Bina

--part1_11.2a2ddb6c.2de2d6dd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10>My Standard R=
G Velocity made its first flight yesterday with test pilot Steve Murphree at=
 the controls. &nbsp;The flight was great and Steve reports that the airplan=
e flies hands off. &nbsp;My "experimental" downdraft cooling system with the=
 NACA ducts in the top cowl worked well. &nbsp;It was a cool day in Tucson w=
ith a high of only 90 and the temperatures were in the normal range for a ne=
w engine. &nbsp;It only took me eleven years to complete.
<BR>
<BR>The low fuel light in the sump tank was flashing once in a while. &nbsp;=
This was discussed on the reflector before but I can't recall what the cause=
 was.
<BR>
<BR>Mel Bina=20
<BR>