REFLECTOR:Strakes

Scott Baker reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 23 May 2004 16:46:36 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C440E5.83559910

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 1:17 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:Strakes

  I was wondering if those who have gone before me might review my setup =
and comment before I glass in my first lower strake.  Started the =
strakes yesterday.  Put the wings on, supported AC by the wing tips, =
leveled longitudinal and lateral axis, rechecked canard incidence and =
adjusted wing incidence, trimmed and fit the lower left strake.  Ready =
to glass the lower stake in place this afternoon, but first I am =
rechecking my setup to make certain everything is set right.  My setup =
is as follows:

  The wings are being supported 12" inboard of the tips.
  The landing gear is not carrying any load.
  The forward end of the fuselage is being supported under the canard =
bulkhead.
  The canard is level in the lateral axis.
  The canard incidence angle is 0.
  SB> By this you mean the Canard Incidense Measuring tool (the bubble =
level mounted to a short piece of plywood in the shape of the canard =
airfoil) is level.
  The Center Section Spar is level in the lateral axis.
  The main wing incidence is 0, set by foam blocks between the wing and =
support structure near the tips.
  SB> Same question for the main wings - you are using the Main Wing =
Incidense Measuring tool - and that is what's showing level?
  The main wing incidence  is being measured:
      Leading Edge - measurement point 1" outboard of the strake main =
wing junction.
      Trailing edge - measurement point 125" inboard of the wing tip.

  Please let me know if this setup sounds right.
  SB> Everything sounds good - be sure the leading edge of the strake - =
where it attaches to the fuselage - is in the correct position as per =
the construction manual.  Good luck.
  Scott B.

  Thanks,
  Joe
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C440E5.83559910

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Djewen@comporium.net =
href=3D"mailto:jewen@comporium.net">Joe</A> </DIV>
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, May 23, 2004 1:17 =
PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> =
REFLECTOR:Strakes</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
  <DIV>I was wondering if those who have gone before me might review my =
setup=20
  and comment before I glass in my first lower strake.&nbsp; Started the =
strakes=20
  yesterday.&nbsp; Put the wings on, supported AC by the wing tips, =
leveled=20
  longitudinal and lateral axis, rechecked canard incidence and adjusted =
wing=20
  incidence, trimmed and fit the lower left strake.&nbsp; Ready to glass =
the=20
  lower stake in place this afternoon, but first I am rechecking my =
setup to=20
  make certain everything is set right.&nbsp; My setup is as =
follows:</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>The wings are being supported 12" inboard of the tips.</DIV>
  <DIV>The landing gear is not carrying any load.</DIV>
  <DIV>The forward end of the fuselage is being supported under the =
canard=20
  bulkhead.</DIV>
  <DIV>The canard is level in the lateral axis.</DIV>
  <DIV>The canard incidence angle is 0.</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>SB&gt; By this you mean the Canard =
Incidense=20
  Measuring tool (the bubble level mounted to a short piece of plywood =
in the=20
  shape of the canard airfoil) is level.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>The Center Section Spar is level in the lateral axis.</DIV>
  <DIV>The main wing incidence is 0, set by foam blocks between the wing =
and=20
  support structure near the tips.</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>SB&gt; Same question for the main wings - =
you are=20
  using the Main Wing Incidense Measuring tool - and that is what's =
showing=20
  level?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>The main wing incidence&nbsp;&nbsp;is being measured:</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Leading Edge - measurement point&nbsp;1" =
outboard=20
  of the strake main wing junction.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Trailing edge - measurement point 125" inboard =
of the=20
  wing tip.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Please let me know if this setup sounds right.</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>SB&gt; Everything sounds good - be sure the =
leading=20
  edge of the strake - where it attaches to the fuselage&nbsp;- is in =
the=20
  correct position as per the construction manual.&nbsp; Good =
luck.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT color=3D#ff00ff>Scott B.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
  <DIV>Joe</DIV></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C440E5.83559910--