REFLECTOR:SWRFI - Texas

Christopher Barber reflector@tvbf.org
Tue, 18 May 2004 10:14:58 -0500

Scott.

I made it and  THANKS for coming. I really hope you come back next year. It
was great to have the factory supporting the cause (Brendan is a great
resource and an asset to the Velocity name).  I hope I did not step on
Brendan's or Nathan's toe's with my enthusiasm in trying to sell prospects
;)

The day before the fly-in was some of the worst weather in recent memory
(that says a lot for Houston/Austin). As Robin mentioned the weather was
unusual for this time of year.  It scrubbed the test flight we set up for a
flying buddy of mine in Sugar Land (Houston).  However, the first day of
SWRFI (Friday) it cleared up in New Braunfel, even if a little soggy.  Not a
lot of traffic on Friday though. The previous days rain almost had a die
hard like me staying home. So, the numbers suffered. But, by Saturday the
weather held and we seemed to have a steady stream of arrivals.  Other big
names that attended were Lancair with about 4 planes and Vans with the
RV-10. (Van was the keynote I believe).

I do not know the number count of airplanes but hope it compares favorably
to last years 700- 800 planes.  I feel certain if the previous days rain
would not have been so severe the Friday numbers would have been better.  It
was a nice event and I was finally able to pick up my carved wooden Velocity
model for my desk from Griffin Enterprises......sweet (late xmas
present<g>).

Maybe we can see you there next year??????? <g>

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber
Attorney and Counselor at Law