REFLECTOR:Engines - TSIO520

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 17 May 2004 15:33:41 -0400

In a message dated 4/26/2004 10:41:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, scott@tnstaafl.net writes:

> Many thanks for the pictures and description of the 520's.

Hey no problem! I am now officially living vicariously through you! :) I had every intention of turbo'ing my Velo before I broke it and had put a lot of thought into how to do it that was going to go to waste. Now I can core dump it all on you! :)

> The engine I am considering is from a T210, prop strike from > a gear up landing.

A T210<what?> E.g. mine is a T210 L model or year model would be fine too. I can do a lot of research depending on the year/model

> It sounds like the sandcast  engine though it has two
> alternators,  one in front and one in back.   I had not
> thought about all

Depends on the year model. Very late models (80's) had the dual alternator option available from the factory but the earlier models had several STC's available to convert to dual AC or Dual Vacuum or both.  The oil cooler is on the prop end of the engine though? Right? To me that is the big stumbler. I can think of a couple ways to feed that guy air but none of them are simple. Makes me wonder if it can just be blocked off and remote mounted??

Living vicariously...

DM Rob