REFLECTOR:Pitch Trim Spring

Alex Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 16 May 2004 22:54:41 -0500

The pitch spring needs to be stiff like that because during flight it is
constantly holding the "elevator"/flap down, and during flight you really do
not need much deflection at all to change pitch, more is required during
landing, but you can overcome the spring with some more pressure, and trim
position.   I would recommend that you do not trim it at all, and wait until
you have finished flight testing to make any adjustments of that kind..  You
can't look at it like it is an elevator on a conventional airplane, because
it is not.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of NMFlyer1@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 10:21 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:Pitch Trim Spring

I recently rigged my elevators and attached my pitch trim. The pitch trim
force seems quite high. I know that the trim spring can be trimmed to get
the force that you want. What I don't know is what force would be
comfortable in the air, and how much more stiff the system feels with an
airload.

Any words of advice from those flying?
I have the 173 FGE.

Kurt Winker