REFLECTOR:Pitch Trim Spring

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Sun, 16 May 2004 17:12:05 -0500

--------------773F4C6E578A3673A7FEF2A0

I've been wondering the same thing.  I figured I'd just trim the compromised part of the spring a little to reduce stick pressure and see what it felt like and go at it progressively.  Trouble is, if I didn't like it, if it became too light, what would I do then?  I'd have to make a new one and
start the process over and ....  Figured I'd make a new spring as exactly like the original as I could, and cut that one.  I'd attach it and measure stick pressure per elevator deflection for both units and go to work.  If I got somewhere that I didn't want to be, I could always re-install the
original.

Having thought it through this far, I reminded myself that either I had got used to the original spring (and the relationship between pitch and roll stick forces) really REALLY fast, or that they were right about where they needed to be.  Decided I did NOT need a light stick in pitch but a heavy
one in roll.  I put the whole project waaaay down toward the bottom of my list.

I suspect it will stay there .... Jim S.

--
Jim Sower ... Destiny's Plaything
Crossville, TN; Chapter 5

--------------773F4C6E578A3673A7FEF2A0

I've been wondering the same thing.&nbsp; I figured I'd just trim the compromised
part of the spring a little to reduce stick pressure and see what it felt
like and go at it progressively.&nbsp; Trouble is, if I didn't like it,
if it became <i>too</i> light, what would I do then?&nbsp; I'd have to
make a new one and start the process over and ....&nbsp; Figured I'd make
a new spring as exactly like the original as I could, and cut <i>that</i>
one.&nbsp; I'd attach it and measure stick pressure per elevator deflection
for both units and go to work.&nbsp; If I got somewhere that I didn't want
to be, I could always re-install the original.
had got used to the original spring (and the relationship between pitch
and roll stick forces) really REALLY fast, or that they were right about
where they needed to be.&nbsp; Decided I did NOT need a light stick in
pitch but a heavy one in roll.&nbsp; I put the whole project waaaay down
toward the bottom of my list.