REFLECTOR:AUA

Jim Sower reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 15 May 2004 20:23:48 -0500

Thanks Scott,
I waited a couple of days for Pam to return my call and then filled in an online
application with Professional Insurance Management.  They quoted from AIG some numbers
that have got me really amazed in light of recent insurance threads.  I currently have
pretty standard $1 Mil, $100k Liability and Ground Ops hull coverage with USAA for
$2034 which sounded reasonable enough last year when I got it.  PIM quoted me:
Liability + not in motion, $1000 ded - $974; Liability + not flying $1000 ded -
$1134;  Liability + full hull coverage, $1000 ded - $1773.  My not-flying was only
half what I've been paying, and full hull coverage with low deductible is still
cheaper than what I was paying for not in motion (or not in flight, I forget which).

I can afford hull insurance again .... life is good .... Jim S.