REFLECTOR:I'm Flying Take a look

Nolan Frederick reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 08:32:18 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C438C4.CD6573A0

Dear Steve,
    Thank you for the photos.  I really do believe you have the most =
beautiful Velocity.  You've done a much nicer job than I ever could =
have.  Your colors and patterns are really attractive.  My most sincere  =
compliments.
Nolan.
=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: PVTPIL8@aol.com=20
  To: reflector@tvbf.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 9:03 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR:I'm Flying Take a look

  Are these things ever done?

  I picked this project up started about two + years ago.  Like all of =
you I have spent countless hours working reworking and when you think =
you ready more things pop up.  But at least I was flying.  We flew the =
40 hours off last August and September 2003.  Then I flew back home to =
PA where I could complete the Avionics and the exterior.  I thought this =
would take about 8- 10 weeks.  This was until the painter said I needed =
to sand until my arm falls off then use the other one.  The ten weeks =
turned into 4 1/2 months only an extra 2 months.  I flew the plane back =
to my home base in February where I was ready to start the flying again. =
=20

  After 3 hours and a hard crosswind we landed with a pretty strong side =
load that ripped out the old pivot bushing in the Nose gear. Luckily the =
gear did not collapse.  But when Scott says once you experience a nose =
shimmy you will know. HE IS NOT JOKING.

  So while the plane was down and I replaced the bushings with the new =
flanged type I made a few upgrades.  I upgraded few things like Toe =
Breaks, Garmin 330, and WSI weather system.  To top it all off I had to =
replace the carpet on the copilot side due to a hole made by a drop =
light a friend was using to help me.  I also had to work on the oil =
cooling since the temps were a little high.  Make sure you use the thin =
spacer on the Vernatherm valve and use the Stewart Warner cooler.

  After I beat my head against the wall where there is now a big dent =
N787SB is up and flying.  Three hours so far since the changes and =
upgrades.

  Please take a look at the finished product let me know what you think. =
=20

  =
http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=3Dcompleted_airplanes%2FXL-RG

  Thanks for all the advise.
  Steve=20
  N787SB
  XL-RG

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C438C4.CD6573A0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Dear Steve,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thank =
you&nbsp;for the=20
photos.&nbsp; I really do believe you have the most beautiful =
Velocity.&nbsp;=20
You've done a much nicer job than I ever could have.&nbsp; =
Your&nbsp;colors and=20
patterns&nbsp;are really attractive.&nbsp; My most sincere&nbsp;=20
compliments.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">Nolan.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3DPVTPIL8@aol.com =
href=3D"mailto:PVTPIL8@aol.com">PVTPIL8@aol.com</A>=20
  </DIV>
title=3Dreflector@tvbf.org=20
  href=3D"mailto:reflector@tvbf.org">reflector@tvbf.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, May 12, 2004 =
9:03=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:I'm Flying =
Take a=20
  look</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV>Are these things ever done?</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>I picked this project up started about two + years ago.&nbsp;=20
  Like&nbsp;all of you I&nbsp;have spent countless hours working =
reworking and=20
  when you think you ready more things pop up.&nbsp; But at least I was=20
  flying.&nbsp; We flew the 40 hours off last August and September =
2003.&nbsp;=20
  Then I flew back home to PA where I could complete the Avionics and =
the=20
  exterior.&nbsp; I thought this would take about 8- 10 weeks.&nbsp; =
This was=20
  until the painter said I needed to sand until my arm falls off then =
use the=20
  other one.&nbsp; The ten weeks turned into 4 1/2 months only an extra =
2=20
  months.&nbsp; I flew the plane back to my home base in =
February&nbsp;where I=20
  was ready to start&nbsp;the flying again.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>After 3 hours and a hard crosswind we landed with a pretty strong =
side=20
  load that ripped out the old pivot bushing in the Nose gear. Luckily =
the gear=20
  did not collapse.&nbsp; But when Scott says once you experience a nose =
shimmy=20
  you will know. HE IS NOT JOKING.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>So while the plane was down and I&nbsp;replaced the bushings with =
the new=20
  flanged type I made a few upgrades.&nbsp; I&nbsp;upgraded few things =
like Toe=20
  Breaks, Garmin 330, and WSI weather system.&nbsp; To top it all off I =
had to=20
  replace the carpet on the copilot side due to a hole made by a drop =
light a=20
  friend was using to help me.&nbsp; I also had to work on the oil =
cooling since=20
  the temps were a little high.&nbsp; Make sure you use the thin spacer =
on the=20
  Vernatherm valve and use the Stewart Warner cooler.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>After I beat my head against the wall where there is now a big =
dent=20
  N787SB is up and flying.&nbsp; Three hours so far since the changes =
and=20
  upgrades.</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Please take a look at the finished product let me know what you=20
  think.&nbsp; </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=3Dcompleted_airplanes%2=
FXL-RG">http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=3Dcompleted_airplanes%2=
FXL-RG</A></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Thanks for all the advise.</DIV>
  <DIV>Steve </DIV>
  <DIV>N787SB</DIV>
  <DIV>XL-RG</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C438C4.CD6573A0--