REFLECTOR:I'm Flying Take a look

Chuck Jensen reflector@tvbf.org
Thu, 13 May 2004 08:12:21 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C438E3.8B3E2460

The bar keeping getting set HIGHER and HIGHER.  Good looker!

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On Behalf Of
PVTPIL8@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 10:03 PM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR:I'm Flying Take a look

Are these things ever done?

I picked this project up started about two + years ago.  Like all of you I
have spent countless hours working reworking and when you think you ready
more things pop up.  But at least I was flying.  We flew the 40 hours off
last August and September 2003.  Then I flew back home to PA where I could
complete the Avionics and the exterior.  I thought this would take about 8-
10 weeks.  This was until the painter said I needed to sand until my arm
falls off then use the other one.  The ten weeks turned into 4 1/2 months
only an extra 2 months.  I flew the plane back to my home base in February
where I was ready to start the flying again.

After 3 hours and a hard crosswind we landed with a pretty strong side load
that ripped out the old pivot bushing in the Nose gear. Luckily the gear did
not collapse.  But when Scott says once you experience a nose shimmy you
will know. HE IS NOT JOKING.

So while the plane was down and I replaced the bushings with the new flanged
type I made a few upgrades.  I upgraded few things like Toe Breaks, Garmin
330, and WSI weather system.  To top it all off I had to replace the carpet
on the copilot side due to a hole made by a drop light a friend was using to
help me.  I also had to work on the oil cooling since the temps were a
little high.  Make sure you use the thin spacer on the Vernatherm valve and
use the Stewart Warner cooler.

After I beat my head against the wall where there is now a big dent N787SB
is up and flying.  Three hours so far since the changes and upgrades.

Please take a look at the finished product let me know what you think.

http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=completed_airplanes%2FXL-RG
<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=completed_airplanes%2FXL-RG>

Thanks for all the advise.
Steve
N787SB
XL-RG

------_=_NextPart_001_01C438E3.8B3E2460

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
#ffffff">
<DIV><SPAN class=3D796335611-13052004>The bar keeping getting set =
HIGHER and=20
HIGHER.&nbsp; Good looker!</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D796335611-13052004></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT=20
face=3DTahoma>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
reflector-admin@tvbf.org=20
[mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]<B>On Behalf Of=20
</B>PVTPIL8@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, May 12, 2004 10:03=20
PM<BR><B>To:</B> reflector@tvbf.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> REFLECTOR:I'm =
Flying Take=20
a look<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Are these things ever done?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I picked this project up started about two + years ago.&nbsp; =
Like&nbsp;all=20
of you I&nbsp;have spent countless hours working reworking and when you =
think=20
you ready more things pop up.&nbsp; But at least I was flying.&nbsp; We =
flew the=20
40 hours off last August and September 2003.&nbsp; Then I flew back =
home to PA=20
where I could complete the Avionics and the exterior.&nbsp; I thought =
this would=20
take about 8- 10 weeks.&nbsp; This was until the painter said I needed =
to sand=20
until my arm falls off then use the other one.&nbsp; The ten weeks =
turned into 4=20
1/2 months only an extra 2 months.&nbsp; I flew the plane back to my =
home base=20
in February&nbsp;where I was ready to start&nbsp;the flying =
again.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>After 3 hours and a hard crosswind we landed with a pretty strong =
side load=20
that ripped out the old pivot bushing in the Nose gear. Luckily the =
gear did not=20
collapse.&nbsp; But when Scott says once you experience a nose shimmy =
you will=20
know. HE IS NOT JOKING.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So while the plane was down and I&nbsp;replaced the bushings with =
the new=20
flanged type I made a few upgrades.&nbsp; I&nbsp;upgraded few things =
like Toe=20
Breaks, Garmin 330, and WSI weather system.&nbsp; To top it all off I =
had to=20
replace the carpet on the copilot side due to a hole made by a drop =
light a=20
friend was using to help me.&nbsp; I also had to work on the oil =
cooling since=20
the temps were a little high.&nbsp; Make sure you use the thin spacer =
on the=20
Vernatherm valve and use the Stewart Warner cooler.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>After I beat my head against the wall where there is now a big =
dent N787SB=20
is up and flying.&nbsp; Three hours so far since the changes and =
upgrades.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Please take a look at the finished product let me know what you=20
think.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/index.php?dir=3Dcompleted_airplanes%=