REFLECTOR:Tow Bar

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 08:44:51 -0600

I'll take a picture of my tow bar/nose gear next visit to the hanger..

I drilled and tapped for allen head screws in the square upper part of the
fork that accepts the strut.  Not the "fork" part.  Seemed like it was the
meatiest part of the assembly and the two small drillings would not
compromise the integrity of the fork.

BTW:  I modified my old style fork that broke, the same way as mentioned
above and it broke just above the raised wheel axle hole bosses, not any
where near my tow bar bolt holes.

Scott

At 01:37 AM 5/10/2004, you wrote:
>David,
>
> > Has anyone out there designed an effective tow bar?
>
>I believe I got this one from Chief Aircraft.
>It's a slightly modified version of a Bonanza tow bar.
>Works great.
>Much better than grabbing the canard and kicking the wheel, and much cheaper
>than a motorized tow bar.
>
>Dave Black

"Those who sacrifice freedom to get security, deserve neither."
- Benjamin Franklin