REFLECTOR:Tow Bar

Scott Derrick reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 08 May 2004 20:27:25 -0600

I use an electric tow bar, battery powered that works very well.  I used
the same tow bar for my 48 Bonanza.

I can't remember the name off  hand,  I'm going to the hanger tomorrow, I
'll get it.   The handle is the battery case, about 20 D cell nicads
soldered together.

You have to drill and tap for two large 3/8 allen head screws in the square
part of the yoke.  Then you flip the nose wheel backwards, attach the tow
bar, it drives the nose wheel with a big rubber V shaped wheel rubbing
against the nose wheel to move the plane around.

Scott