REFLECTOR:Fuel level probe

Wayne Lanza reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 1 May 2004 20:41:58 -0400

  Regarding the SkySports probes, Marshall is a decent guy who has been
a reliable
source to the aviation community for many years. Bashing him behind his
back is a
low blow. SkySports manufactures their own probes and has done an
excellent job
of supporting their products and customers. They are not going to
manufacture a
probe for $10 to compete with a home brew solution found in an magazine
and they
have every right to not disclose the inner workings of a product that
they designed.

  Many of you know me and the products that I design & manufacture. Our
systems
have an outstanding record and are in use in several thousand aircraft.
You would
not believe the number of guys that contact me asking for a power
system schematic
so that they can hand wire their airplane instead of buying my
solution. Why should I
disclose anything? Even something as simple as a power panel?? I am
always glad
to help a builder but I am running a business not a hobby shop. I
suspect that the
folks at SkySports are probably operating the same way.

Sorry to be such a grouch but bashing a guy like Marshall just ain't
right.

I'm done...

Regards,
Wayne Lanza