REFLECTOR:Fuel level probe

Jim Agnew reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 1 May 2004 05:30:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Al,

I think to begin we should examine the following statement;
"Marshall from Skysports sent me a message stating they had
invested a small fortune developing the circuit, and
couldn't divulge any of the details."

That is strange since Jim Weir designed and built one in
Kitplanes (full schematic & parts list with a parts cost of
about $10!) see http://www.rst-engr.com/kitplanes/ ,
June-July-August 2000.

Jim

--- Al Gietzen <ALVentures@cox.net> wrote:
> I removed and measured the Skysports fuel level probe
> (Part # FP1212S3). The
> very mysterious and proprietary output is a variable
> resistance range of
> about 70 - 200 Ohms.  The end point levels are
> adjustable.  Jim had it about
> right.
>

> Marshall from Skysports sent me a message stating they
> had invested a small
> fortune developing the circuit, and couldn't divulge any
> of the details.
> Like the output signal is a proprietary detail of the
> circuitry?  I
> explained to him that when buying a "sender" unit, in
> effect what we are
> buying is an output signal.  Seems like one should be
> allowed to know what
> it is.
>

> It makes no sense, so I'll assume he was spoofing me all
> along - some sort
> of on-going April fools joke.
>

> Al

=====
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2@Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying