REFLECTOR:Grand Rapids Technologies-EFIS

Alex Balic reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:33:20 -0600

Don fell into some financial difficulties and was selling his project last I
heard- I wish him the best if he is still monitoring the reflector, but I
don't think we will be seeing any pitos from him- he worked hard on that
unit too- looked robust and was reasonably priced- I will have the Dynon
with it's AOA pitot and a standard, overpriced heated tube that I got from
ACS a while back when they were "just" $200 each.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-admin@tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-admin@tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of RJohn15183@aol.com
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 11:46 AM
To: reflector@tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR:Grand Rapids Technologies-EFIS

In a message dated 3/29/2004 10:53:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
KeithHallsten@quiknet.com writes:

>  Anyone else have a pitot tube for less than $350?

IF anyone is interested....

I used a Russian heated pitot on 115XL. It is different but *very*
reasonably priced. At one point I was thinking about importing them but our
own Don Hammond was working on building his own heated pitot for sale to
homebuilders so I dropped the idea.

I have not heard from Don in a long time and don't know where his pitot
project went. I e-mailed his old hot mail account last week just to see how
things were, not related to pitot tubes, just a general catch up note since
we are in the same area and the same career field but his hot mail account
bounced back as no good anymore.

Don? You out there? If not and if enough people are interested in a cheap
yet effective Russian heated pitot tubes let me know and I will will follow
up on getting some shipped. I am thinking they will be right around $50
after shipping-customs etc.

Rob Johnson