REFLECTOR:Grand Rapids Technologies-EFIS

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:46:20 -0500

In a message dated 3/29/2004 10:53:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, KeithHallsten@quiknet.com writes:

>  Anyone else have a pitot tube for less than $350?

IF anyone is interested....

I used a Russian heated pitot on 115XL. It is different but *very* reasonably priced. At one point I was thinking about importing them but our own Don Hammond was working on building his own heated pitot for sale to homebuilders so I dropped the idea.

I have not heard from Don in a long time and don't know where his pitot project went. I e-mailed his old hot mail account last week just to see how things were, not related to pitot tubes, just a general catch up note since we are in the same area and the same career field but his hot mail account bounced back as no good anymore.

Don? You out there? If not and if enough people are interested in a cheap yet effective Russian heated pitot tubes let me know and I will will follow up on getting some shipped. I am thinking they will be right around $50 after shipping-customs etc.

Rob Johnson