REFLECTOR:Re:Ailerons update

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:47:17 EST

-------------------------------1079801237

Well. with all the advice I got here and from Brendan, here's where I am.

I measured the throw of the cables, and marked the center (neutral) position.

I then hooked up the left aileron cable with the aileron in the " 1/8" droop
" position and both rod-ends in the middle adjustment.

I have the "old style" cable bracket pieces, and unhooked the cable clamp
(that was installed per the old manual). I then clamped it in place with a big
spring clamp.

Through lots of tweakage, I now have 2-7/16" up travel, and 2-5/16" down
travel.

So.. it is getting closer.

I'll tweak some more this morning and see how close I can get.  Then I'll
hook up the right aileron and see how bad it makes things :)

Right now, it seems like there isn't too much stiffness in the system, and IM
sure it will smooth out after time. I just want to make sure I get full
deflection for out mighty crosswinds out here.

Thanks for the help.
Kurt Winker
173 FGE.... flipper fiddling.

-------------------------------1079801237

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Well. with all the advice I got here and from Brendan, here's where I a=
m. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I measured the throw of the cables, and marked the center (neutral) pos=
ition. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I then hooked up the left aileron cable with the aileron in the " 1/8"=20=
droop " position and both rod-ends in the middle adjustment. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have the "old style" cable bracket pieces, and unhooked the cable cla=
mp (that was installed per the old manual). I then clamped it in place with=20=
a big spring clamp. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Through lots of tweakage, I now have 2-7/16" up travel, and 2-5/16" dow=
n travel. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>So.. it is getting closer. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'll tweak some more this morning and see how close I can get.&nbsp; Th=
en I'll hook up the right aileron and see how bad it makes things :) </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Right now, it seems like there isn't too much stiffness in the system,=20=
and IM sure it will smooth out after time. I just want to make sure I get fu=
ll deflection for out mighty crosswinds out here. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks for the help. </DIV>
<DIV>Kurt Winker</DIV>
<DIV>173 FGE.... flipper fiddling. </DIV></BODY></HTML>