REFLECTOR:Ailerons

reflector@tvbf.org reflector@tvbf.org
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:24:04 EST

-------------------------------1079720644

Well this is interesting.  Just a few days ago, someone was mentioning that
the aileron cables for the long wing were supposed to be 4' 9"... and 4' 6" for
the short wing.

I have the 173 Elite (long wing.. little fuselage) and the cables I have are
4' 6" long. Since I am in the process of rigging my ailerons, I measured them
and checked the curvature.  I don't have room for 3 more inches of control
cable in my bird.  The cables run right along the keel fin, make a nice curve to
the side of the fuselage, and right to the brackets.

Another interesting note is that my manual says the holes for the aileron
cable clamp (in the engine bay) are pre-drilled.  I didn't have any holes in my
brackets.

Right now, I have 2.7" of left up/right down aileron, but only 1.7" or right
up/left down. Hopefully this can be tweaked out by adjustment, but I haven't
got there yet. I waded through the archives but didn't see anything regarding
aileron travel & rigging.

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Kurt Winker
173 FGE  4.3L alum V-6 Chevy.

-------------------------------1079720644

<HTML><HEAD>
rset=3DUS-ASCII">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
f">
<DIV>Well this is interesting.&nbsp; Just a few days ago, someone was mentio=
ning that the aileron cables for the long wing were supposed to be 4' 9"...=20=
and 4' 6" for the short wing. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have the 173 Elite (long wing.. little fuselage) and the cables I hav=
e are 4' 6" long. Since I am in the process of rigging my ailerons, I measur=
ed them and checked the curvature.&nbsp; I don't have room for 3 more inches=
 of control cable in my bird.&nbsp; The cables run right along the keel fin,=
 make a nice curve to the side of the fuselage, and right to the brackets.&n=
bsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Another interesting note is that my manual says the holes for the ailer=
on cable clamp (in the engine bay) are pre-drilled.&nbsp; I didn't have any=20=
holes in my brackets. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Right now, I have 2.7" of left up/right down aileron, but only 1.7" or=20=
right up/left down. Hopefully this can be tweaked out by adjustment, but I h=
aven't got there yet. I waded through the archives but didn't see anything r=
egarding aileron travel &amp; rigging. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any pointers? </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Kurt Winker</DIV>
<DIV>173 FGE&nbsp; 4.3L alum V-6 Chevy. </DIV></BODY></HTML>